Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My cute kids were killin' me this morning. We went on a big trip to Yellowstone National Park yesterday. That place never fails to deliver for me. I LOVE that park.  In case you were wondering, we saw 2 wolves, a grizzly bear, a black bear, a coyote pouncing in the snow, lots of fluffy white elk, and lots of skinny buffalo...long winter, they are starving.  Anyway, we got back around 7:00pm last night, and I was tired so went to bed shortly after we got back and cleaned up.  I am thankful I did, because my sweet babies bounced in one by one starting at around 7am.

Anna was the first. She came in with her arms stretched out and said, while walking toward me like a Mode magazine executive, "HAPPY Mother's Day!" in her best sophistocated accent.  Then she ran out of the room and did it again....like ten times, giggling hysterically in between takes. It was a very amusing show.

Lily, who was oblivious to the fact that it was Mother's Day, or what that meant, came in to snuggle into my bed with me. :) As she is the baby, I can not resist a good snuggle.

Jada, who went to bed sick, came in to have her fever checked and to also snuggle onto my bed.  Jada is a naturally good hugger and snuggler, so also a welcome visitor.

Dallen came in  but sort of stood by the door waiting to see if the masses of girls would allow a break for him to sneak in.

Once they were all in there the big kids told me I had to stay in bed and could not get up. Jada was to take my order, and they would make me breakfast in bed. They made 8 grain wheat toast with butter, a glass of milk, and a bowl of peaches.  It was adorable to see my oldest and only boy beaming with pride as he brought me their handiwork. He was so sweet and nice. Pleasant and fun...he made me a special book that he gave me and I will always treasure it.

Gregory stayed home from church because he somehow got pink eye...very odd.  I came home to a plate of salmon and asper-grass with rice for lunch. :) Brownie points to the big man. It has been a great Mother's Day weekend.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like I great Mother's Day! congrats! Did he catch the fish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no...Mr. Costco caught the fish....but hopefully we will have a trout stock in the freezer soon...or walleye...which tastes much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And asper-grass is...... some hippie sort of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. Asperagus...my mom always called it that for fun...and she IS a hippie so...

    ReplyDelete