Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rain

Rain...I love the rain.

I always have really.  I think its something to do with the fact that it is cleansing. Or something like that.
Whatever it is, rain doesn't make me 'blue'.  That would be bad if the rain could do that.  Would that mean there was too much colloidal silver in the atmosphere?  Yikes.

Anyway, I think I'm writing about rain because it rained last night and washed all of our muddy streets. Which I like.  And I think there is something profound about the rain coming, and it isn't moisture coming down frozen anymore.  Its the same deep feeling that makes Easter my favorite holiday.  Most people like Christmas...or birthdays, and I like those too, but there's just something about Easter.  My two most favorite holidays in the whole world are Easter and the 4th of July. I just feel those holidays...like that excited feeling you get when that kid 'Webster' discovered the secret passageway behind the grandfather clock in that TV show...you know...like...anything could happen at that moment....like...something good is coming.  And if nothing good comes, you still have a secret passageway that no one else knows about. How cool is that?

Maybe its just springtime in general.  I suppose the fact that the rain brings life to the plants helps...because March is my favorite month to visit California because it is so green.  The rest of the 11 months of the year it is brown like here, but February and March....spectacular. April too...especially on Table Mountain. Anyway, I really want to go visit my hometown and all of the familiar greenery this spring break, but its so complicated with a family of 6 I think it'll have to wait.  Although I want to see my grandparents... I don't think they will get a chance to come out here to visit any time soon, but I wish they would.  We really need to buy a house so we have more room for visitors...

The sun is coming out....I think I will go for a drive and look at houses just for fun.

1 comment: