Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The fun begins

So I am attempting to do the unthinkable task...I am watching two extra kids for 4 days. When I agreed to do this I didn't think it was really all that big of a deal...a few extra kids...extended play date...my kids stay busy...their parents go out of town for a wedding...everyone is happy.
Well...so far I am two hours into it and I am re-thinking my idea of how easy this will be.
Upon the arrival of the two ''extras'', my saintly children turned into insatiable snack machines...offering every good treat they could reach in the pantry and finding new hunger pains for the pretzels I bought months ago that until now have gone untouched. I am not complaining about that...at least they are being eaten, but I have discovered that I will be needing to take a trip to Costco with all six of them to acquire more snacking goods.
Also upon the 'extras' arrival, the noise level went up about 60 decibles...I'm thinking that tuning them out with my headphones plugged in to my laptop is not such a great idea as my 3 year old just came out wielding a giant water gun that she filled and is assaulting us from the top of the stairs and has drenched the leather couch in 2 fast squirts.  I had to take the headphones off while shouting 'NOooooooo!!!!' and sending my 9 year old in after the assault rifle while my 8 year old mopped up the couch with the blanket...that is now sopping wet.
So I put my laptop down for a minute, thinking...'feed them...its lunch time...then they will be sitting and their mouths will be full.'
It turns out they don't like peanut butter and jelly (big surprise) and they are all full from the snacking. Hmm.
So now that the two six year olds have decided that none of the games in the house are that fun...and all of the  new Christmas loot has been assessed and discarded as 'rubbish'...they thought that throwing the 3 year old down the first 5 steps to the second platform by her hands and feet would be funny....One blog, lots of crying, and 6 really full children later, I will now be heading out to Costco....wish me luck...I may or may not survive this venture to write a second installment.
Andi B--starring in the new adventures in babysitting.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ~ whatever are you thinking! And you are just crazy enough to be normal. This blog should make for some good reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this reminds me of why my dear childhood friend who has not married or had kids feels sorry for me! She has her sanity AND her more than perfect body! Not to mention fashionable clothes that she has been able to collect for close to 20 yrs since she is still the same size as she was in high school if not skinnier, and she has all peace and quiet she could ever want!!! But, yet, in that seemingly perfect life, she dreams of having the crazy life we are so blessed to enjoy each day!! LOL! I totally feel your pain! Last week I watched 3 extras but just for a day! Two were angels, but the one made up for the others saintly behavior as she spit in my daughter's face and dragged popcorn around the house, and giggled the whole time I asked her to please stop. Then Matt brought home McDonalds....they don't like cheeseburgers!! LOL!! I so feel you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...thanks Rozla...I was hoping someone could clarify that for me...often I feel just plain crazy, but the more I am around other women, the more I find I am a lot more normal than I thought. I wonder how you do illustrations...I'm thinking illustrations would be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love it!!! You are always good for a laugh! I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i for one can't wait for blog number 2 Andrea especially if it's as funny as the first one..... Are the extras sleeping too - you are very brave indeed?

    ReplyDelete