Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stupid Costco...

So, while my trip to Costco yesterday was successful...meaning everyone survived including me...I have a new found dislike for the place.  I bought muffins ''for the kids'' for breakfast, thinking, ''what a nice lady I am to buy muffins for everyone while we have 'extras' visiting''. :)  Little did I know, I was actually sabotaging my working out with Jillian. See, I don't really think of Costco muffins as 'cake' per se, but that's essentially what they are. I mean really.  So I have effectively eaten one and a half 'french toast' Costco muffins between last night and this morning...as if cutting them in half reduces my intake. . .and if I think of it in terms of cake, I feel disgusting. But Costco has this wierd way of seeming 'okay' because its such a good bargain.  I would never just go spend $7.00 on individual cakes for everyone (--I mean, how unhealthy can you get?), but BREAKfast...now THAT'S an essential...I mean everyone eats breakfast right? And $7 for 8 people to eat breakfast is a good deal...especially if you cut the muffins in half!  So I am now blaming Costco and their 'trick marketing' for the reason I just ate 3 pieces of cake in 8 hours. Jillian would yell at me. She'd say ''how badly do you WANT to be here!!?? Do you WANT to lose this weight?? ....because it seems like you are not committed!" To which I would whimper in reply "No! I reeeeeeallly want to lose this weight, but they TRICKED me! They didn' t say it was CAKE! I can say no to cake! But it was breakfaaaasssst!" And then I would turn on the tears and sobbing and hope she bought it.
Stupid Costco.
Anyway, I woke up early this morning because last night I was trying to get all six kids to go to sleep without much more giggling and horsing around. I ended up laying on the 2 feet of futon mattress that was available on the floor of the girl's room and reading them a story. Then I had to pretend I was asleep so they would follow suit. . .only I really fell asleep. I woke up at 5am with someone's hard-head in my back and wishing the futon mattress didn't have springs....I still cant feel my shoulder...overall it wasn't such a bad night, but I think tonight I am going to have to come up with a new strategy.  I was going to take them sledding today to wear them out so its easy to go to sleep, but its only supposed to be 3 degrees today so that might be out...depending on how desperate I get.  I will let you know what innovative entertainment ideas I come up with.  Perhaps one of my friends will spare me the trouble of using my brain and come up with something brilliant for me.  I can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand. Completely understand. My problem is that I tell myself I'm only eating a sliver a cake- it doesn't really count. Except that at the end of the week I've eaten a whole cake. Stupid cake.

    ReplyDelete