Sunday, February 6, 2011

Aaron Rogers went to my high school....so I am automatically cool...or famous...or something.

Thats all I have to say really. Just that I am totally famous now because of him.

What?

You guys didn't know I was cool? Well let me tell you what an important influence I was on Aaron Rogers!
See...I was number 12 on the Pleasant Valley High School girls basketball team...I'm pretty sure that Aaron must have known that and chosen that number accordingly...I won't accept anyone's comments that also remember that EVERY quarterback out of PV  was number 12 or...11 I think. But at any rate I am claiming it. Never mind the fact that I graduated like, what? 8 years before him? Psh. It was my LEGEND...that inspired him.

Need I remind you of the Junior College I attended as well? Thats right...I was learning to pole vault on Butte College's football field before Aaron (..first name is all thats necessary at this point..) even entered high school. I am certain this played a part in his decision to be a 'hometown athelete' (just like his idol...me.) and play for Butte...I mean, seriously...don't you think its just a little bit more than coincidental??

And now, since we've been avid Aaron Rogers fans, all through the Cal days...and lamented with him when Favre just wouldn't freakin' RETIRE already...we even waited out the broken foot incident that helped delay that agonizing retirement/long-drawn-out-dog-and-pony-show...NOW....now, we can claim our superbowl ring. AND number 12 is officially the superbowl MVP. Thank you very much. . . no, no....no need to wait in line, I'll be handing out signatures all week...

With fame comes great responsibility, and I will be sure and treat this limelight with a sober and humble demeanor...I know Aaron will try to say it was all me...he's so humble, but we all know that...no no..He deserves ALL the credit. . .I was just doing what ANY normal Chico resident and Pleasant Valley High school student would have done....because...UH! UNGOWA! VIKINGS GOT THE POWER!

 

4 comments:

  1. How could you have been on the basketball team when you are as short, almost, as me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I'm not really entirely sure...except that I did an exceptional job of 'riding the pine'...oh, and I ran really fast so the starter girls had to train harder...see my job was to make them great. Obviously its one of my talents to make great athletes better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah...ONGOWA...wasn't that...Pioneers got the power? Too funny. I loved reading his own Cinderella story. I'm hoping Chico gives him a big parade so he can drive that new Mustang down the Esplanade and wave to all the little people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. Yes the little people...wasn't it a Camaro? Not that it matters really..it was red whatever it was. lol. Where did you read his Cinderella story?

    ReplyDelete