Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This Award Means So Much....

I believe I have arrived... I am the proud recipient and now giver of this little known, yet oh-so-prestigious pay-it-forward Stylish Blogger Award.  I am not entirely sure what part of my blog would be considered 'stylish', in fact, I'm pretty sure nothing about me can really be considered 'stylish'...especially my workout outfits, but I am honored nonetheless and shall accept.

I was generously nominated for this award by Comedy of Errers blogger, Marianne.  She is a world famous writer and published author just waiting to be discovered. And the one responsible for my attending a Zumba class with skinny people and teenagers.  Her blog is thoughtful and funny with an edgy twist.

Okay so the rule for accepting this award is I have to tell you 7 things about myself, so here goes:

1.  I once high jumped over a 5 foot bar...just once. I was 14 but it still counts because it was still me.
2.  Using a bendy pole to vault myself over a bar in college, I only got 4 and a half feet higher.  I think I must have been trying to make up for my short Italian genes with those two acrobatic feats...
3.  I can't cook...even when it comes in a box.
4.  I am 'pretty good' at a lot of things, and not sure I will ever 'master' anything.  Maybe I have ADD?
5.  I have contamination OCD like "Monk" on TV (only he's not exactly an acurate portrayal but he's funny), so I either wash things too much or won't touch them at all because they are too yucky.
6.  I secretly like listening to Eminem and I also own the latest CD by Taylor Swift.

Wow, its like stepping into a confessional-except I'm not Catholic, but...I feel so liberated now.

Alright, now that you know me so well we could be considered BFF's, I get to nominate 6 other bloggers for this fantastic award. I tried to include something for everyone...Here they are in no particular order:

1.  Amongst The Americana -This is an honest and very humorous blog. Ernie is the husband of one of my dearest friends who also writes a witty blog for their family. I think a 'man-blog' is just what we need sometimes...helps me to understand what the heck boys are thinking.
2.  Birth Smart -My dear friend of 20 years is a Childbirth Educator and Doula. I am so very impressed with what she does with this blog. She is one of those people that has a calming effect on everyone...even when you are high strung and just a little bit crazy like me.
3.  The Slow Kitchen - I love her 'natural' philosophy..I think she is Canadian...I stole her from someone else's blog roll...can't remember who...I like this one because she puts in pictures for me to follow so I don't have to translate what a 'pinch' means or whatever.  Everyone should know by now that I can't cook, so I look at her blog and think about trying to cook those things but never actually follow through.
4.  Brilliant In The Basics (Now the Smith Family Blog)- This is my dear friend Rebecca (wife of 'man-blogger' Ernie) and her very stylish family. I dont know how she made her blog and family so perfect, but she IS in fact Brilliant in the Basics...
5.  It's all in the Bag  - Rozla is a seamstress that makes very stylish and cute bags.  I own my very first ever 'purse-like' bag because of her. I even got to pick out the fabric. I may turn out to be a normal female yet.
6.  Laughing all the Way This girl is a brilliant writer. I have known her a very, very, very long time, and I am so very impressed with her writing and her insight. She is now a mother of two, deeply spiritual, honest, and candid about life. I love reading Becca's blog for her strong convictions and fortitude in life.

In order to accept The Stylish Blogger Award, these nominees must do the following:
Write seven things about yourself.
Present the award to six bloggers.
Contact those people.
Create a link back to the person who did this for you.
If these nominees do not wish to accept the nomination, they can donate money to heifer international or ignore this post. The choice is theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment