Monday, January 3, 2011

Recovery Day

Today was supposed to be recovery day, but somehow I think 'recovery' is relative....  I woke up this morning and found my 3 year old by my side.  Upon opening her eyes, she immediately started talking...a lot. About mermaids, and Boots the monkey being a mermaid, and how I needed to go with her to watch Dora and Boots be mermaids.   After distracting her with the task of waking the kids up, which she loves to do, I got myself moving and started on the always difficult task of getting 4 kids fed, dressed, lunches made AND in lunchboxes that actually make it IN backpacks, and off to school on time.  This process takes the entire hour. . and sometimes more depending on how cooperative the kids are being on any given morning. This morning, they were all very slow and contrary because despite sending them to bed and personally turning lights out at least twice before 9 o'clock, they all managed to stay up past 10pm.  
The rest of my morning has been spent on errands and housecleaning. . .very exciting, I know.  Oh yes...and avoiding Jillian....but today is day one of the challenge, so at some point, I must take thirty minutes and allow her into my living room...I'm thinking tonight...but if I sneak a little nap in, I might squeeze her in before the kids get home. I'll let you know if i'm still speaking to her after that.
Just to report on how I felt about having 'extras' for 4 days. I must say, they were really good kids. There was no fighting and very little whining...I am glad all of the kids get along like they do, and it just felt like cousins were visiting.  Plus I just banked up some killer time from their parents on babysitting :). Haha can't complain about that!

1 comment:

  1. Someone told me there are five Mormons on The Biggest Loser this year. Maybe we are secretly guided toward Jillian. Good thing you are working out with her and not Bob or Greg may get jealous...

    ReplyDelete